The Dutch Advisory Council on Migration (Adviesraad Migratie (ACVZ)) is an independent council that advises the Dutch Government and Parliament on migration issues. The committee reports on migration policy and legal issues.
The Government is legally obliged to inform Parliament of its point of view on the advisory reports within three months. The ACVZ reports also on proposals to amend the Dutch Aliens Act. These reports are presented to the Government and to Parliament. The reports are made public.
The ACVZ published the following reports (or summaries) also in English.
- Detriment of the doubt. Age assessment and age determination in EU member states of previous stay
- Information and Assessment. Advice on the use of country of origin information in the asylum procedure
- Blog: Give knowledge migrants and international talent more security of residence during the corona crisis
- Increasing onward migration of asylum seekers in the EU
- Legal channels for migrant workers
- The Kingdom of the Netherlands and the International Protection of (Asylum) Migrants
- Changing Parenthood and Migration
- Peaks and Troughs
- Research design: Secondary Migration
- Search for safe(r) countries
- Balancing public order policy
- Onwards to 2030. Migration: futures study